Re: Yahoo messenger questions.

Her's is what I did.
alien ymessenger_093.0_2.tar.gz
This will create a .deb file that you can install using dpkg -i
(Hopefully)
I've used alien on several rpm's with success, but not all rpm's will
convert, install and run cleanly.

On Sun, 23 Dec 2001 17:03:26 -0600
"Sarah Hay" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> Happy New Year! I just have a few short questions about an install that
I would like to do. I hae one friend that I regularily talk to over yahoo
messenger and I would like to install that on my system. However, the
package is in only a RPM format and a .tgz zip file. Now if you unzip the
.tgz several files are created (content,etc) and a bin folder. I have no
clue where to go from there. The RPM well I don't know how to install
that. Well I do, but it is an RPM and I don't know if LibraNet can handle
them. >
> If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it because I would like to
be able to talk to this friend outside of XP.>

--
Ken Moffat
[email protected]