Re: kde & printing

I don't think it replaces the entire print system. It (supposedly)
detects the type of system (whether lpr or cups) and installs
accordingly. It looks like you can still use your existing setup. I just
checked my printcap file and it didn't wipe out the magicfilter entries.
Just appended its own to the file. Haven't tried it but I am assuming I
could select the magicfilter controlled printer in the kde printer
manager and it would work. Although after using turboprint for 30
minutes I think this would be a step backwards.

In the programs I have used to test turboprint you don't get the option
to choose a particular printer. Its usually just lpr or enscript (for
kedit) so I am assuming you would get whatever printer is set to default
in the kde print manager.

To whoever posted the link to turboprint I send my thanks.

Rod