RE: "complete menu implementation"

ICE's menus are already implemented for two reasons:
1) It is Libranet's WM of choice (therefore they probably put the most effort into it).
2) You are running a Debian machine.  Debian's menu program assures that your menus are all configured pretty much the same way in whatever WM you choose.  A pure Potato install will do the same thing for you.  It isn't anything that Libranet has done.

Mandrake is probably my least favorite distro since they make everything look pretty, but most of it just doesn't work.

SuSE is not evil because they don't configure ICE menus.

So, just to spread my opinion like oh so much manure, having to configure your own menus is not really a bad thing.  It may be inconvenient for some, but once you do it, you have a very functional and personal system.  That's what I like about Linux.