RE: Magazines?

On Wed, 2002-01-02 at 12:59, Clinton De Young wrote:
> I was surprised to see several votes for Linux Format here.  I bought it once because I wanted to try Corel's Photo-Paint for Linux (sucked).  The issue I bought had a cover article touting 25 reasons to throw away Windows and move to Linux.  I thought the reasons mentioned in the article were repetitive, contrived, and just plain dumb (1. Linux is cooler than Windows.  2. Windows isn't as cool as Linux.  3. Linux means choice.  And so on).  I didn't read any more of the magazine and have never bought it since.
>
> I'm always interested in new information regarding Linux, so my question (and the whole reason for this post) is:  Does Linux Format offer any content (I don't care about the CD) that can't be found in either Linux Magazine or Linux Journal?
>
> Thanks

They offer tutorials (mostly written for beginners), developer news,
reviews (software and books), programming tutorials, and an interesting
tech support column spanning several pages. Essentially they are what
Maximum Linux had aspired to be (though I think I preferred ML).

I purchase a copy at McNally's every month when the issue comes out.
Here in Canada it is usually a month behind, however it is still an
interesting read. It is lighter in presentation than the Linux Journal
but still full of content. I recommend it.The Journal is also an
interesting read that I enjoy as well.

Dan