Re: cd rom player

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 10:04:16PM +0100, Harm Jan wrote:
> Registration number: 1910149
>
> *	To play a cd with  gcd, it is only only availble as root; I have a SB 16
> PnP and compiled a new kernel using your support solutions database, before
> that gcd didn�t work
>
> *	if I try to mount cdrom I get the message : wrong fs type. Bad option etc.
>
> Do you have any idea what to do?
>
> Harm Jan Lamers

 Have you added your username to the group audio?  You may also have to add it to a group called cdrom, if I remember correctly that that is a real group.
 As root, type
 #adduser yourusername audio
 and maybe
 #adduser yourusername cdrom  (the '#' is only the root prompt - don't type that in.)

 And as the other guy said, you don't mount music cd's! :-) (whoever you were, sorry to have to refer to you as "the other guy" -- my short term memory is shot to hell, and when I write mail in mutt, with vim as my editor of choice, I can no longer see the list of messages!)
 Hope this helps!

 --Mark