Re: fire wire

I've recompiled the kernel using menuconfig  -  I'm running 2.5.0 now.
And I just got email from Karl Heinz Kremer - the guy who wrote the Epson
SANE backend, so there's hope.  He says it should show up as a generic
SCSI device like /dev/sg0, but I don't think I had one of those, or if I
did, it wasn't recently created.  He's using an older kernel with patches,
and running ieee1394, ohci1394, and sbp2 as modules.  I have them compiled
into the kernel, and may try taking them out and running as modules, but
can't see how this would matter.

I think I have 1394 MOSTLY working, and am wondering if the problem is the
scanner at this point.  If/when I get this working I'll post a howto,
because there is very VERY little info on linux and firewire available on
the net... just bits and pieces.  linux1394.sourceforge.net is pretty good
but still not quite what _I_ need.

Seems this is a little too new to get too much hand-holding :-)

dave williamson