Switching from RedHat 6.2 to Libranet Linux

Hello:

I'm new here so please bear with me.  I have used
flavors of RedHat for over 1 year now, close to 2.  I
am currently using RedHat 6.2 with KDE 2.1, Linux
2.4.2, and various other upgrades (Xfree 4.0.2).  I
have heard many good things about Debian but was in
the past unsure of whether I wanted to switch due to
the fact that I would have to do all of the upgrading
again.

Libranet is the perfect solution for me.  After I
purchase Libranet and receive my copy, what are some
considerations that I should have before I switch
over.  I obviously have a lot of data that I wish to
save.  I do have some partitions (/backup and /mp3)
that I want to save and have for use under my new
install.  I assume that it will be possible to move
everything I want to save into these partitions (I
realise that partitions should probably be labeled as
/dev/hde#, but I can't remember the numbers off hand),
then to format the others (ie. /, /home, /usr) and
install libranet.  Is this the best way to do this?
and what about Reiser as my / filesystem?  I've been
reading some newgroups, but I was wondering if current
libranet users have any info.

Are there any other issues I should be aware off when
switching Distributions?

Thanks for any and all input.

Aaron Cline
respond to