Re: KDE buttons after upgrade

Are you talking about the buttons in the task bar or in applications? I
upgraded kde from woody and at one point lost all the menu buttons in
kedit (until I updated kedit) and I lost the taskbar button for kwrite
but later found out that kwrite is no longer a part of kde.

As far as I can tell the taskbar button layout can be found in

 ~/.kde/share/config/kickerrc

The entries for my taskbar buttons are as follows:

[KMenuButton_1]
FreeSpace=0

[URLButton_1]
FreeSpace=0
URL=/usr/share/applnk/System/konsole.desktop

[URLButton_2]
FreeSpace=0
URL=/usr/share/applnk/Home.desktop

[URLButton_3]
FreeSpace=0
URL=/usr/share/applnk/Internet/konqbrowser.desktop

[URLButton_4]
FreeSpace=0
URL=/usr/share/applnk/Office/kword.desktop

[URLButton_5]
FreeSpace=0
URL=/usr/share/applnk/Office/kspread.desktop

[URLButton_6]
FreeSpace=0
URL=/home/rod/.kde/share/applnk/debian_menu/Apps/Net/Netscape/Communicator(static
4.77) Browser.desktop

Not sure if this is what your looking for.

Rod