Re: mplayer debs, was: Re: AVI player recommendations

Okay fair enough. Obviously we differ in our ethical views and that is
perfectly fine.  Lets leave those behind us. Since this is not a forum for
politics. All I would like to say in defense of noobs is that if we knew how
to ask the questions we might not even have to ask them. In the end it boils
down to being polite.

RTFM is not an answer it is a slander and one that the noob may not even know
is being said. It is not helpful, it not polite, it not required, and it
solves nothing. RTM or a nice point in the right way is as easy as typing the
letters out. Or better yet just let someone else answer if you are not.
Remember how hard it can be for the noobs just starting out especially those
who really do not know what they are getting into. The noob and the annoying
questions are here to stay and you have the option to help or move on. Just
please no more RTFM though please.

I think that it is great that mplayer provides a manual. That or a readme
should be a standard in ANY OS. You are completely right that they would be
even more bitter if they didn't put it there.

Sarah