Re: Installation

Is there a linux version of this checksum utility?

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 17:39:53 -0600
Sarah Hay <[email protected]> wrote:

> I, too, would suggest that the base of your problems lies in a faulty
cd. If > you downloaded it were you sure to check  the integrity of the
download by > running the checksums. Here is a link to a nifty little
Windows app for doing > so:

> http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~floydian/md5/
>
> With this program you can verify the iso you downloaded is good.
>
> Good luck and please let us know of any more troubles.
>
> Sarah
>
> On Friday 11 January 2002 09:24, Lorenzo Luciano wrote:
> > I am trying to install libranet 1.9.1 and am having a little problem.
> > Everything goes smoothly, I get to the point where I have to choose
the> > installation packages, I choose the default install, when I press
<i>, I> > get a whole bunch of error messages. From what I could read on
the messages> > the end of the message says something like "maybe your not
logged in as> > root" , in any case nothing gets installed. I am
installing this from a cd> > , which works fine. Does anybody have any
ideas.> >
> > Lorenzo Luciano

Ken Moffat
[email protected]