PCMCIA configuration in Libranet

Hello,

I've just been installing 1.8.2 on my laptop and like it so much I've
actually *gulp* PAID for the 1.9 CD so looking forward to that!!!

Now, previously I've been using Storm /Debian on this box without any
problems at all, but it looks like a there's a newer version of Linux
PCMCIA Card Services in Libranet. This seems to be causing some minor grief
in my PCMCIA modem as after the PCIC probe in dmesg I'm now seeing line:-

register_serial(): autoconfig failed
serial_cs:register_serial() at 0x13f8, irq 9 failed.

"At the Serial Driver with no serial options enabled" I only see
ttyS00 at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550a

which again is not quite right as I can't access the modem which is
normally ttyS1 Setserial reports UART unknown Port 0x13f8 IRQ 2

The PCMCIA interface on the laptop is a standard i82365

I suspect that all this is cureable, but having looked through the docs I'm
going round in circles with cardmgr, setserial etc.

I sort of hoped that I'd find the kernel set to auto detect, but no such
luck.....

SO, if anyone can shed some light on this I'd be really grateful,

Thanx

Robin