Re: cd burning

Support for ATAPI burning under Linux is done _through_ the SCSI
emulation.  FYI, this is not the case in FreeBSD, which can burn using
ATAPI natively (but you can't use cdrecord in it unless you have an actual
SCSI drive..)

In fact, many Windows burners basically do the SCSI emulation too (Nero
and EasyCD, for sure..  That's what ASPI is.)

As for Linux GUI burner apps, all tend to sit on top of cdrecord or
cdrdao.  I presonally like Gnometoaster, but KreateCD is another good one.

Burning under Linux is quite good, and the SCSI emulation has had no
adverse effects on my machine for the past four years.

Ben