grub

Hi Jason,

Sorry I took so long to get back to you. Attached is my menu for dual
booting windows and debian. This is from my work machine, which uses
MS-windows 98 and Debian sid. Note the stanza telling linux where the
initrd file is located; you only need this line if you have an initrd
(initial root directory), which the new premade 2.4 kernels from
Debian use (I don't use an initrd on my self-compiled 2.4.17 kernel on
my home machine, which runs a mostly stock Libranet 1.91.) I've been
very happy with grub, and install it on all of the machines I maintain
at work, including the department server.

--
Bruce Mobarry
     #

     # By default, boot the first entry.
     default 0

     # Boot automatically after 10 secs.
     timeout 10

     # Fallback to the second entry.
     fallback 1

     # For booting Linux
     title  GNU/Linux
     kernel (hd0,2)/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda3
     initrd /initrd.img

     # For booting an old kernel
     title Old kernel
     kernel (hd0,2)/vmlinuz.old root=/dev/hda3
     initrd /initrd.old.img

     # For booting Windows NT or Windows95
     title Windows NT / Windows 95 boot menu
     root        (hd0,0)
     makeactive
     chainloader +1

     # For loading DOS if Windows NT is installed
     # chainload /bootsect.dos

     # For installing GRUB into the hard disk
     title Install GRUB into the hard disk
     root    (hd0,0)
     setup   (hd0)

   This will just (re)install GRUB onto the hard disk.

     # Change the colors.
     title Change the colors
     color light-green/brown blink-red/blue