Re: kmail

Jeff,

Fetchmail is not setup automatically, you need to configure it.  Postfix
is installed and running, but unless you instruct Kmail to use it, it
dosen't.

I think you could use fetchmail to retreive your mail and use mutt
and/or kmail to read it.  Postfix is the smtp (simple mail transport
protocol)server.  Its purpose is to send your email, it is not involved
in retreiving it.

Regards,
Michael