Re: WW2 computer

On Sun, 20 Jan 2002 01:13:25 -0600, you wrote:

>On Sunday 20 January 2002 12:17 am, Michael Montz wrote:
> Hey thanks Michael--good info, sounds like an edsel to me. Dont think I
>wanna devote the time/money into learning 20yr old computers when I still
>have plenty of linux to learn. I think I'll give it back!!!
>Tony

10 years old. And it was an excellent DOS machine. Linux and BSD was
developed on hardware like this.

>> Take a look at this page.  It gives some info about the 56sx.
>>
>> http://john.ccac.rwth-aachen.de:8000/alf/ps2_56sx/

That's it.  80GB SCSI drive! Mine had 4MB RAM.

I wouldn't call it an Edsel by any means! Just needs appropriate
additional simple free  non-windows software and maybe an old external
modem. Its fairly bullet proof.

No reason to autostart to Windows 3.1 though. Or even to remove it.
Thats just another 10MB DOS app in those days.

However it is probably not suitable to any of your purposes.  Learning
latest version OSen. It is however the native environment for good
fully functional word processors, Classic games and Arachne Web
Browser.

 Present or future owner of that hardware who wishes to use it  for
themself or others is welcome to Email me.

Microsoft "innovation", not any  need for good wordprocessing,
spreadsheet, emailwas and is the primary engine of hardware
obsolescence.

A great solid well engineered piece of hardware that can't run WinXP
is by definition an "Edsel".  Lets not buy into that logic!

Csisysph