Re: AMD owners!!!

I only have an AMD K6 - 2/500 but I have had serious problems with SuSE 7.3.  I finally got SuSE 7.3 running in a Half A$$ed fashion by first installing it on a Celeron 550 and then moving the hard drive to the K6 -2/500.  While it sort of works, it's a far cry from the smoothness I experience with my Libranet system.  This approach to installing SuSE obviously isn't a genuinely satisfactory approach, but at least it sort of works.  I'm beginning to think though that my Libranet may be hosed to a certain extent  because I can't get the speller working with Abiword as per the instructions, and I get the same error message when I click on "Check Version" in Abiword as I get when I try to launch Galeon and it comes up with a blank screen.

** WARNING **: GConf error:
  Object Activation Framework error:
 OAF problem description: 'Child process did not give an error message, unknown failure occurred'

Sarah Hay wrote:

Hey all!

This article from the Gentoo site may be of interest to AMD Duron,
Thunderbird, and XP owners.

http://www.gentoo.org/

Sorry, if ya already know. Slahdot also carried it as well. Alan Cox is
working on a fix.

Sarah