you can tell.  For instance, mine is:

processor	: 0
vendor_id	: AuthenticAMD
cpu family	: 6
model		: 4
model name	: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor
stepping	: 2
cpu MHz		: 908.111

If model is 6 then you don't have the bug, otherwise you do.

Interestingly, though, I've never seen this problem and I've run many 3D
games witha whole variety of video cards (Voodoo, ATI 128, ATI Radeon
and now an nVidia Force2 MX-200.)

Whatever, the "fix" was easy, just add mem=nopentium to the append line
of /etc/lilo.conf.  Oh, and don't forget to re-run lilo after making
this change.

There's plenty of info on slashdot about this.

Ben