Re: Addendum to last question

Alsa can work, you will have to get the source because the modules on
your system are version 0.5 for kernel 2.4.3, you will need to build
your own modules for alsa 0.9 for whatever kernel version you use.
Getting the modules in the proper directory so that the alsa scripts can
load them is a bit tricky, but I was able to do it so it is possible.

Oss is easy to do, but I find alsa more satisfying. Also, if you want to
use DVDs with xine, alsa is much better than oss. Oss can have some
audio sync drift problems with xine, while alsa sails smoothly.

jason