Re: lost email :(

Sarah

Good thing I kept some of your emails for future reference. Here's part
of the one you sent regarding setting up your printer.

Rod

********************

As root:

mkdir /dev/usb

then I had to create the device by:

mknod /dev/usblp0 c 180 0

(I did do mknod /dev/usb/lp0 c 180 0 first and that didn't work but then
I noticed that turboprint listed the device as /dev/usblp0 so I changed
it) The c 180 0 created the major/minor numbers for my printer, which
you can obtain from turboprint (and I am sure other places as well).

I then went back to turboprint and removed my old configuration. I then
entered it again, chose to print a test page and it worked!

So if you are using this program or setting up any printer be sure to
check that you have the proper CONFIG_xx_PRINTER=y file to make sure
that your kernel has been compiled with the support. If you have no luck
with setting up your printer then check to see if the necessary /dev's
exist as it would seem that, by default, some are not installed
automatically.

Sarah

End of snip from your own email.