advanced text editor (revision)

I don't think the advanced text editor that is launched
from konqueror when
you "right click" is Kwrite.  It's just an advanced text
editor that is
able to use the mouse like a Macintosh.  It's very
valuable.  The question
is how do I fix the problem, and if I upgrade KDE will
it take out my "gdm"
log on?  I know a lot of people have complained about
losing gdm after some
sort of update, but I don't know the exact problem or
circumstances.  It is
possible to use "mc" in place of the advanced text
editor, but I would
still like to have the advanced text editor working.