Re: The beauty of Debian (Libranet)

I'll have to agree with you, I'm hooked
on Debian.  I have an extra machine
lying around and I've been considering
one of Sorcerer, Rock or Gentoo Linux.

But Debian has so many apps and once
you get used to the way it works its real
smooth.

I was installing some perl Gimp modules
via `perl -MCPAN -e shell' and it complained
it couldn't find "zvtterm" - geesh, what the hell
is that?

So I jumped over to www.debian.org/distro/packages
and filled in the form for "tell me what package "zvtterm"
is in" - an wa la, end of story.  Did an `apt-get install'
and continued on my merry perl way.

So would Sorcerer, Rock, or Gentoo be able to do the same
for me?

Although, I still might play with Gentoo, it looks pretty
cutting edge, and its main guy, Daniel Robbins, writes
some good articles for www.ibm.com/developerworks.

- greg s.