Re: setting up Cups

It's an obvious thing, but is your cups server actually
running?  When you boot your machine, do you see a line saying
cups has started?  If cups is running then it can be configured
through any web browser by entering the address
http://localhost:631

You need to enter username root, and your root password to do
any admin.

cups can also be set up using the qtcups front end, or through
the printer manager in the kde2 control center if you install
the kdelibs3-cups package.

Also, if you have cups working then turboprint will recognise
it and make it's excellent drivers available for the cups
config.

Nick.