Re: Lexmark Z52

You have to do it all manually (meaning a lot of tar, ./configure, make and
make install commands).  First you have to download and install gtk and glib
libraries (versions 2.8 or 2.9 I think).  Then you have to download and
install Gimp 1.2.1.  Gimp requires several libraries and perl modules that
you have to download and install.  Finally, you have to download and install
Gimp Print.

To configure this mess, you point your browser to http://localhost:631 and
use this web interface to configure the printer.

The things I don't like about doing it this way is that it's a pain to set
up and it doesn't really print very well.  The final printed product looks
faded or washed out.  My understanding of the Gimp Print driver is that it's
not 100% functional.  Although it printed everything I wanted it to print, it
just didn't do it as well as I would have liked.

I got the lexmarkZ52 driver to work and the final printed product looks
great.  Thanks Dave W for your help.

Clinton