Re: very sad.... No more....

What is really strange is that the feature they want, I seem to have. I'm
running gnome, and I have a Libranet Adminmenu icon on my desktop (it came
with the installation) and if I click it, it asks me for the root
password, I put it in, and then I'm in adminmenu. Is this not what you
wanted??

Also, I have used mandrakes 'Drakeconf' before, and I'm really not that
impressed with it. I think libranet does a much better job with
xadminmenu. First, xadminmenu lets you compile and install a kernell with
out all the fuss and muss. Want a new kernel in mandrake? Unless you want
to go the old fashion way (which is perfectly legit mind you...I just love
home much simple xadminmenu is for making changes to your config) you will
have to install two rpms on your system (and say your prayers while
installing them...mandrake marks them as important upgrades, but also
warns you that you are better off compiling your kernel and that you can
really mess things up this way). Second, xadminmenu gives you Desktop
properties that let you do nice things like change your default window
manager (drake 7.2 was a real pain in the ass if you wanted to go to
something other than KDE. 8.0 was a little better, but not as easy as
libranet...note this applies to non gdm/kdm running people).

If you really want to try mandrake, go for it. I believe that they do good
job of spreading linux. But my guess is that once you try it, you will
find yourself missing libranet...missing apt....missing xdminmenu...and
will end up right back where you started.

Jason