Re: very sad.... No more....

One of the things that amazes me is how seemingly intelligent Linux users would think that the way something is now is the way it always will be.  My comments are intended to help Libranet become "the best distribution" over the long haul.
If we accepted your line or reasoning, we would still be using 64k computers that only had floppy drives for storage media.  I'm not complaining or flaming, I'm making valid suggestions for improvement in the operating system for home personal computer users.  My machine is not the heart of some corporate enterprise.  I'm not a system administrator, and I don't want to be.  The Linux community has to come to grips with whether or not they want widespread acceptance of the Linux OS.  Your attitudes will in the long run will continue the shortage or adequate hardware drivers,  games, and other thing's that potential home users would want.  I don't want to spend my life learning a cryptic CLI.  Those are the facts and nothing but the facts.  Andrew Skwar had suggested to me a reason for switching to Mandrake 8.0.  I responded that I would prefer to stay with Libranet.  What's wrong with suggesting possible features for the inclusion in an already well conceived distribution?

Roger Micone wrote:

Why are you hestitant to learn Linux.  You obviously have the intelligence to switch to using a great OS, not only Debian/GNU linux, but Libranet, so why do you stop there... dive right in!  I see so many posts about complaints and the directions of Libranet.  Give me a break!  Unless you are sifting through code right now trying to contribute to the development of the os itself, sit back, and enjoy what the Linux community and Libranet coders have set in front of you.  Yes you paid your $20 for the cd but this is not M$.  I may be rambling a bit but this was a fairly long thread and it made me irk in my chair reading it.  Needless to say I make myself irk in my chair all too often but... well... I guess.  This mailing list is intended to facilitate the learning of the Libranet distro, not to start flame wars on what ticky tack feature you would like.  Shit... There are so many features in Linux I know I will probably never get to explore all of them.  But a solid foundation!
 and understanding of the Unix ope