Re: very sad.... No more....

I tried Libranet briefly on one machine for testing and whenever I needed admin functions, i.e. xadminmenu, it prompted for a password and it worked just fine. What ailed with that install was that it could not boot from the HD because the partition was too big, something that Mandrake can do without probs. As I have Win2k already installed on that, I didn't want to repartition and will try to install it on another machine, but from what I saw, once it is installed, it's very easy to use and I like how it combines graphical shells with text-based functions, that are inherently more transparent. In mandrake the GUI based admin often fails to perform its intended function but gives no real hint as to why.