Re: very sad.... No more....

Well, I know SuSE has a half baked configuration tool that's not bad
as long as it's only a one time through effort,  but it is weak if
you change sound cards and have to reinstall a new one.  There is no
provision for removing the old sound card software configuration.  In
the end you have to go in and edit the file by hand.  I don't mind
that at all, but complete documentation is very important, and the
fact that the configuration tool has severe shortcomings is
frustrating.  Another thing about SuSE is that it creates it's own
obscure configuration files that in my mind don't follow the
conventional locations for Linux systems.  For example editing the
XF86Config really doesn't do anything because they have some other
way of doing it that's more complext due to their configuration tool.

Don't get me wrong.  I think SuSE is good, but I also happen to think
Libranet is better.