USB printer difficulties

Hi All!

I have been trying to get my HP DeskJet 812C operational but I  am at an
impasse. The two configuring tools in adminmenu do not have any specific
drivers, turboprint does and is very easy to use. However, I think that it
boild down to USB kernel support. I thought that the LibraNet kernel
supported USB printers? If I go to my /dev directory there are no usb devs at
all! If I take a look at my system info my USB ports are recognized (UHCI USB
x2). My printer is attached and on so what is my problem? How can I get this
printer going? All help is most welcome!

Sarah