Re: Any DOSEMU fans?

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 11:07:33AM -0700, Clinton De Young wrote:
> I have it running, although I haven't used it for a long time.  I ran the old text based Zork games on it and it worked great.
>
> If I remember correctly, you just get a dos listing of the local hard drive, but I think it's limited to a certain directory and its sub-directories.  I don't remember for sure, but I can check and let you know once I get home tonight.
>
> Clinton

Well, I've managed to figure out that the default, uncustomized config will read the contents of /usr/lib/dosemu/commands and that's what you see at the C:\
prompt.  If I read the docs correctly (the QuickStart.gz in /usr/share/doc/dosemu) then I can make it behave like my actual DOS partition by either copying the
appropriate files (command.com, autoexec.bat, msdos.sys, config.sys, etc.)  or
creating symlinks to them as long as that partition is mounted.
Trouble is, when I tried to run either /usr/lib/dosemu/setup-bootdir or
/usr/lib/dosemu/setup-hdimage, it tells me that it can't find what it considers a valid DOS partition.
Could this be because I have my Windows98 partition setup in cfdisk and /etc/fstab as vfat rather than dos?  I'd hate to have to change my /etc/fstab to read the /dev/hda1 as dos, because I like being able to read the longer filenames.

Any way around this?
Have I forgotten something?
--Mark