printing from netscape

Can anybody tell me the right way to print webpages ? I tried to print a
page of text frm netscape, I got about5 pages of "bracket right, bracket
right, frameset, New Roman, scalefont, encoding, " etc....   Should I
have saved the page, and printed it some other way than hitting the
print button on the browser?? I have an old epson lq500 dotmatrix
printer, its using cups i believe..  tony / ky