Re: books

Hi would suggest, purchasing Debian GNU/Linux 2.1 Unleashed by SAMS, at
any good book store...It comes with a Debian CD, but I never used it...
Since I've tried other CD's from cheep bytes and anyother company there
were duds and hard to configure, all this stopped when Libranet came
along, it can't be beat, for one that is new to Debian...

Mark M. Wilson wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 07:30:35AM -0800, Murray C Dimes wrote:
>
>>hey peoples
>>
>>Anyone got any recommendations on a good Debian book.
>>
>>I recall someone ( a while ago, might have been onthe debian list)
>>mentioning a book that taught you how to package your own system... if
>>anyone knows the name of that one Id be much obliged also
>>
>>cheers
>>
>>--
>>

> I don't know about the one that teaches you how to package your own system, but probably the "standard" book on Debian may be Learning Debian GNU/Linux, by Bill McCarty, published by O'Reilly Press (when you think about books for Unix/Linux, open source, or intelligently written books about certain M$ products, think about O'Reilly Press.)
> I don't have this title personally, but I have a number of their books, such as Learning the bash shell, and the 3rd ed. of Running Linux, by Matt Welsh. They're all quite "meaty."
> --Mark

I suggest purchasing the book 'Debian GNU/Linux 2.1 Unleashed', by SAMS,
at any good book store...It covers more than any book I've seen or
bought in the past...It also comes with a Debian CD, which I have never
used...Reason being is that I have bought CD's from CheepBytes, and
another company, and there where hard to configure...All this stopped
when Libranet came out, with the ease of installion, it can't be beat as
far as I am concerned...Go to Waldon's book store for one, and ask if
they have it, then look at it for yourself...

Hope this helps you...

--
73 de Larry/wd9esu
E-Mail addr: [email protected]