Re: Transfering Old HD to New (bigger) HD

Yes, a cdr would be ideal but the documentation clearly states that you
can't create an image of the root partition unless you use the boot
floppies. Now, do the boot floppies support your burner and do you have
a program to burn the image with. After all, there's not a lot of room
on two floppies. If you can't burn a cd then you must copy the images
somewhere so you can restart linux or whatever to actually make the
cd's. I didn't even find cfdisk so I made the extra utilities disk. But
like I said, I looked at it. I never really delved into what was
required to actually make it work.

As for my home directory, I keep it parred down and use the kde archiver
to do backups on zip disks.

Rod