Re: mplayer debs, was: Re: AVI player recommendations

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> Why not?  He did not just say "RTFM" (which would bug me as well), but
> also explained where and why to Read The Fine Manual.  That's a good
> approach which also helps newbies as he pointed in the exact direction.

No problems with showing people where to find the info, but the
expression "RTFM" in itself is pretty negative. Thats what bothers me
(though I like your translation). Too often, people reply with only a
RTFM, which is pretty rotten. If answering the question is above you,
you shouldn't bother replying.

Like I said though, thats just my opinion, I wanted to express it. I
really liked the follow-up post that was made. Manuals/man pages are
great, once you get to know them...but sometimes people need a little
help along the way. Moreover, one of the reasons I have stayed with
linux is because of the personal attention that the community gives. I
think that is probably the biggest benifit linux has over other OSs.

jason