Re: mplayer debs, was: Re: AVI player recommendations

So sprach �[email protected]� am 2002-01-10 um 10:55:56 -0500 :
> Please do not say RTFM to newbies. Linux takes a while to get used to,
> and if those of us with some more experience just get frustrated and
> say RTFM, Linux quickly becomes unattractive. This is detrimental to us
> all.

Why not?  He did not just say "RTFM" (which would bug me as well), but
also explained where and why to Read The Fine Manual.  That's a good
approach which also helps newbies as he pointed in the exact direction.

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:	http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)
Homepage:	http://www.iso-top.de      |     Jabber: [email protected]