Re: GAIM

Yes, to add other clients go to Tools/Plugins, then click on load. The
plugins are usualy in /usr/lib/gaim/.  The one for MSN is libmsn.so and
for yahoo is libyahoo.so, and so on... I

Once you have the plug ins loaded close the window and go now to
Tools/Accounts Hit add on the new window and fill up your information...
The protocol dropdown is the one that determines if it's for yahoo or
msn or whatever. Oscar is for aol. If you need to test if aol is working
let me know what your screen name is and I'll send you a message.

And that's it!

I use gaim all the time and it's great.

Hope that helps!