From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 9:09 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: libranet 1.9.1 on Dell Inspiron 7000

Laptops can be a little "different" from desktops no matter what OS you are
running because so much of the equipment is propriatary, laptops use LCD
screens rather than cathode-ray VGA or SVGA moniters, etc., etc.  That
having
been said I'm running Libranet on an old NEC Versa 4050H with few problems.

Quoting Sarah Hay <[email protected]>:

> Sorry can't help either. But I do agree with you comments. Is there
> something
> special about this laptop that may cause problems? Or is it generally
> more
> difficult to install Linux on Laptops?
>
> Sarah
>

> On Tuesday 15 January 2002 22:18, Cyberclops wrote:
> > No, but I have to agree that 1.9.1 is the best.  It's a tough act to
> > follow.
> >
> > Joe Zien wrote:
> > > I have libranet 1.9.1 commercial version and it is the best linux
> > > I tried.
> > > Did anyone on this list install 1.9.1 on Inspiron 7000 laptop?
> > >
> > > jozien
> > >
> > > --

Doug Perry
[email protected]