Re: text-based mail like mutt that uses smtp ??

So sprach �Dave W� am 2002-01-20 um 09:17:48 -0500 :
> Is there one?  I'd like to switch to mutt, cuz I like text-based apps
> and I like the looks of mutt, but it looks like too much trouble to
> make it actually SEND the mail.  I have fetchmail up and working, and
> that was easy, but going the other way looks tough.  Surely there must
> be an app out there like mutt that uses SMTP as the default?  And if
> not, is there a reason that GUI apps like sylpheed can do it and
> text-based apps don't?

There's no MUA like mutt - mutt is (close to) the best there is ;)

However, this issue appeard just recently on the mutt-dev mailing list.
The reason SMTP support isn't integrated yet, is that it is not needed.
There's just too much that has to be supported for SMTP, so that you'd
end up with a MTA in mutt.  And what's the use, when there are so many
easy to configure MTAs out there?  Personally I *really* fail to see why
all the GUI MUAs have SMTP support...

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:	http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)