Re: Reading docs.

So sprach �Logan Brown� am 2002-01-20 um 11:13:41 -0600 :
> If you are in Xwindows, you might try VIM... it has a "open file" dialog and
> automatically decompresses .gz files...

<nitpick>
vim always runs in a terminal.  This means, that even if you start vim
in X, you'll only get the terminal version without fancy menus and
stuff.  What you mean, is called gvim.  If started in X, it will open in
a new window with menus and such.  If started on the console, you'll
only get vim, ie. no menus and such.
Further, you can also pass the file to be opened as a parameter, so that
you'll not need an open dialog.
And lastly, vim is only able to open compressed files, if setup
"properly"; ie. with a "filter" that tells vim what to do if a .gz file
is to opened.  I don't know if this "filter" is shipped by the plain vim
sources you can download from vim.org or if Debian at all ships this
setup.
</nitpick>

Alexander Skwar
--