Re: Reading docs.

On Sunday 20 January 2002 11:25 am, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> x>
>
> So sprach �Logan Brown� am 2002-01-20 um 11:13:41 -0600 :
> > If you are in Xwindows, you might try VIM... it has a "open file" dialog
> > and automatically decompresses .gz files...
>
> <nitpick>
> vim always runs in a terminal.  This means, that even if you start vim
> in X, you'll only get the terminal version without fancy menus and
> stuff.  What you mean, is called gvim.  If started in X, it will open in

I stand corrected.  On my KDE desktop, the icon is labeled "Vim", but opening
the menu editor shows that the executable is gvim.... I should have checked
that first.  Thanks for pointing it out.

BTW... I didn't configure anything, so the version on my machine must be
pre-configured to handle the ".gz" extension.  Anyway, it works.

Logan