Re: Partitions

Actually, depending on your system resources and what you want to use linux for, you may be able to "get away with" not using a swap partition.  If your system has generous memory and a decent processor, you may never notice its absence.  I run the little indicators on the Gnome panel at random times, and the swap partition activity indicator is never doing much.  Maybe don't bother with making it much bigger than 128 MB?  I'll probably get called on the carpet for this...

I *would* say that it mightn't be a bad idea to make a separate partition for your /home directory, maybe even your /usr directory.

Just my $0.0199! ;-)
--Mark