Re: text-based mail like mutt that uses smtp ??

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 09:17:48AM -0500, Dave W wrote:
...I like the looks of mutt, but it looks like too much trouble to make it actually SEND the mail.

dave

Too much trouble?  Well, for simple sending of mail, I'll give you the benefit of my laborious search for how-to-do-it with mutt.  First of all, you need to have among other things the following lines in your ~/.muttrc file:
set pop_host = "your.isp.smtp.server.address" (yes, use the quotes)
set pop_user ="yourusername"
set pop_pass ="whateveritis"
set pop_delete = yes
my_hdr From: [email protected]
my_hdr Reply-To: (same, I assume)

Then, once you run mutt after saving this config file (there are sample muttrc files on your libranet system located in /usr/share/doc/mutt/examples and most of those are pretty well documented with the appropriate comment lines to explain what they do)
you type `G' (uppercase) to retrieve your mail.
Even _I_ was able to do it, so I'm pretty sure you can!  Now if there are fancier things you want to happen when you download your mail from your POP3 server, I have no idea....

HTH,
Mark