Re: NVidia Kernel compilation

sorry I can't go into more depth (I'm quite tired) but the GeForce 3 Ti
200 will work just fine (I know, I have one). Go to www.nvidia.com and
go to support, then linux. Their drivers are the way to go. Read all the
stuff, download the driver and kernel modules (NVIDIA_kernel_blah and
NVIDIA_GLX_blah). Install the kernel first by configuring
("./configure") then become root and do "make install" (no "make" needed
between condifiguring and "make install"). Do the same for the GLX
driver.

Then go to your XF86Config file and change the driver from "nv" to
"nvidia". Thats the process in a nut shell. Be sure to read the stuff at
the site, there may be something specific required for your setup, but
the steps I outlined should do the trick.

jason