Re: Partitions

* On Thu Jan 24, 2002 15:25:49 +0000, Richard Watson wrote:
> Never doing *much* but maybe often doing *something*. The last I heard
> was that in 2.4 kernels you should have twice as much swap as RAM
> because that's what the kernel expects. You may be able to get away
> with less but there are no guarantees. Things may have changed in
> recent kernels but in early 2.4 there was an assumption that this much
> swap would be present and no checking to see if it wasn't. I'm not a
> kernel hacker - this is all AFAIK :-)

I think that swap = 2 * ram is no longer necessary or even desired for
newer 2.4 kernels.

- Tal

--
Tal Danzig        |     Libranet GNU/Linux
[email protected]  |  https://www.libranetlinux.com

GPG Fingerprint: 8BE6 B973 BC1C 0CA0 CEE5  4874 C741 0BD5 B3A2 5512
Public key available from wwwkeys.pgp.net

PGP signature