Re: Just a Comment

On Sun, 23 Dec 2001 23:25:01 -0600
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Yes it is the best for me that's for sure. I did indeed burn the iso. I
will > be sure to throw some cash to them in a while once I recover from
Christmas. >
> Ken Moffat-if you read this I would like to say that the "alien" option
> worked like a charm on the rpm file. Thanks alot for the quick response
on > that. I will be sure to try that option as much as is possible when
the .deb > is not available.

Glad it worked for you. I did that to an xfce rpm and it worked, (but
sometimes I need to restart X to get it working initially,) but i guess if
alien works on a window manager it's pretty good.

And I agree about the libranet distribution and this list being the best.
I came indirectly from Caldera, and they had the best list around for
quite a while. Lots of that crowd went to a list called
[email protected], which is a great list also. They have a web site,
linux.nf, with tons of great info. Not debian/libranet, but still good.

--
Ken Moffat
[email protected]