RE: "complete menu implementation"

Yes: those who forget that very important concept are
quite shortsighted!  The more I read about Linux when I
was first getting started, the more I prepared myself for
this aspect of running Linux -- the very freedom to tweak
it all my own way, even though this freedom comes at the
price of a steep learning curve, there still exists the
community of users such as this one to share their
experience.