Re: Postfix question

On Wed, 2002-01-02 at 14:18, [email protected] wrote:

> Does this mean that when I send a message from within
> mutt, it will get sent as soon as I issue that very
> command?   How do I know if postfix has been able to send
> my mail before I close my ppp connection?  I'd prefer to
> not have to log into root and type "postfix flush" just
> before I disconnect  _every_ time!

Add "/usr/bin/sendmail -q" (no quotes) to the script ip-up.local located
in /etc/ppp. You could also add it to ip-down.local. If so add that
command as the first line so that the messages get sent before your
connection is dropped. If you add the command to -ip-up.local, the
message are sent when you log on to the internet. This will depend on
whether or not you want to reply offline, or while on line. The sendmail
command is a link that is used by postfix to send mail and make it
compatible with sendmail for the sake of programs that only expect
sendmail.

Dan