Re: kde & printing

I'm using turboprint with success. I installed it last night, then messed
it up by trying to run xadminmenu to see what it said, then reinstalled
(just ran install over again) and  it works fine now. I set it up using
xtpsetup and xtpconfig (I think those are the names) and it printed fine
test pages and lpr uses it now. Last night I had to use lpr -Ptp0 as a
command, but today it's just lpr. (after restarting x and trying kde,
gnome and icewm) The resolution is much improved over the lprng or
whatever was the stock print manager. It gives me the full 600x600 from my
HP840c. I didn't set any variables, just went to kde control center,
system, print manager and make lp|lp4|tp0 (something like that) my
default, then printed away. I'll buy turboprint if it keeps functioning
like it is; the full version gives highest resolution on different types
of paper, using most all printer capabilities. Let's talk Libranet in to
building it into the next version! ;-)

--
Ken Moffat
[email protected]