Re: This RULES, if you have any cash, I highly recommend this

In the computer, the DVD-RAM is the master device on the secondary IDE
bus (my dvd-rom is its slave). I also have scsi emulation running
(though I'm not sure if this is required...I'm guessing it is because it
is needed for cd-r drives) for this device. Remember, that cds and dvds
have different file systems, so you will have to mount them differently.
I have no idea if cd-rw works in linux, so maybe someone else can answer
that, but it does support at least the cd-r functions of those types of
drives.

good luck

jason