kernel recompile (!)

Well, here is an interesting solution. I have been recompiling my kernel,
having the effects not work, and going back to default, for a couple of
months here without figuring out the problem.

Perhaps HERE is the answer.

I have 3 operating systems here on this computer, WinME, RedHat, and
Libranet. I have been using lilo to boot, but since I had RedHat installed
before libranet I was sticking with their lilo.conf file. So I'd
recompile, reboot to redhat and run lilo, and reboot to libranet. Well,
libranet changes the name of the kernel from the default vmlinuz-2.4.3 to
vmlinuz and renames the old vmlinuz to vmlinuz.old. My lilo.conf calls for
vmlinux-2.4.3!

So, I've been rebooting and (stupidly) not understanding why nothing
happened! jeez...

--
Ken Moffat
[email protected]