Re: kernel recompile (!)

I haven't used many linux versions but I've done a bit of reading on
compiling kernels. Typically /boot/vmlinuz is a symlink to
vmlinuz-version (in your case 2.4.3). It appears, I would guess to avoid
complications, that libranet's adminmenu creates a symlink called
vmlinuz.old which points to vmlinuz-2.4.3. Then it copys your newly
configured kernel over to /boot as vmlinuz.

The default lilo.conf file in libranet (at least my 1.9.0) has as the
default boot line 'image=/boot/vmlinuz'. As I don't have a fresh install
I can't verify that vmlinuz starts out as a symlink to vmlinuz-2.4.3.

As for the redhat lilo just edit the line and replace vmlinuz-2.4.3 with
vmlinuz. That way it will always pick up the new libranet kernel
assuming my assumptions regarding xadminmenu are correct and that's what
you use to compile kernels.

Rod